Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring Break

I love Spring Break! It's just so nice not to have to be anywhere at a certain time. We had fun and we were sad to get back to reality this morning. I wish I was smart enough to home school but they wud onlee turn out az smurt az theyre mom...scary thought! But here is our Spring Break run down....


Emily and I went down to Miami for a day. We made our first stop at Vicky Bakery for pastilitos...deliciosa! Then it was on to Last Chance, where we stayed for over six hours! It is the best shopping, or as I call it, treasure hunting! Emily found tons of "treasure" too! That's all hers!








Then we hung out for a few days at home. And one day I took the kids to Downtown Disney where we walked around, looked at Lego creations, and ate lunch. Afterwards we went to Disney's Contemporary Resort where we played in the arcade. The kids love doing this, and I do too! There is no one in the arcade because everyone is at the parks. It's a nice cheap thing to do on a hot day...









Then I took the kids down to Miami for a few days. My parents were dying to see them! The kids love going down there. The exciting part was getting Emree's ears pierced. We had them pierced at the same mall I had my ears done, good ol' Westland Mall. She was so excited and has not stopped talking about it. We took pics before, during, and after. She sat on her Nana's lap and not one tear was shed...hope it doesn't lead to other piercings!







While in Miami I took the kids to excitement of excitements...Toys R' Us! You may have thought the kids were in a theme park! It was sheer joy to be in that store! We stayed for a long while and went up and down aisles and looked at all the toys. Their favorite part was all the ride on cars...


So that's a wrap for our Spring Break! We are actually extending it a little. This week on Thursday we are surprising the kids with a Disney Cruise. They are going to die. I think the plan is to pack and load up the car while they're sleeping Wednesday night and then Thursday I'm going to tell them that they all have dentist appointments...hehe! I can't wait to post those pics!

3 comments:

Linnea said...

How fun. My parents did that to my when I was little. They told me that we were going down town Chicago for the day, but had to stop at the airport for my dad to check out something for work. When his buisness partner wasnt there, they said oh well, lets just go somewhere. Our bags were packed in the trunk and we were off to Disney World!! Hope you have a great time!

Erika Anderson said...

Ooooh, can we come?!?!?!? Have so much fun!

kara jo haught said...

i NEED Last Chance ... when are we going?