Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lets Catch up!

After a great school year our Summer started at the beginning of June! We were soooo happy! It came at a great time, three weeks before school let out is when I started to get very sick :(...

Emree then had her fifth year dance recital! They gave her a special trophy and medal! Once again so grateful to be free from any responsibilities for the Summer...
Her dance was to "Here Comes the Sun". She loved saying she was in Modern. She felt like she was on SYTYCD...

Later on in June the kids and I escaped to Miami. It was such a pathetic getaway. My Dad's Dad past away the day I went down, sad. And then I was so sick and drained of ANY motivation that I was horizontal the whole time. Luckily, the kids love my parents (thanks for babying me!) and their house so they were well entertained. And saddest news ever!!!...Last Chance closed in Miami!! Talk about a devastating blow!!! What will I do???!!!
One of the days Catherine, a childhood bestie, came over. She is prego also and so we laid down, chatted, and ate greasy food. The kids swam, watched Goonies, and played DS. The one day we did leave the house was that day when we took the kids to get pizza on Main Street. We had fun talking about the good 'ol days....when going to Main Street meant checking out the boys and not yelling at kids for getting soaked while getting the change out of the fountains!!!....
The morning of the fourth our neighborhood had a bicycle parade for the kids. It was REALLY cute! There were a bunch of kids and they had music, popsicles, and red,white, and blue everywhere. It felt like pleasantville. The kids loved it!...


That night we kept it low key and had a yummy dinner with good friends at our house. We did sparklers with all the kids and the Melicks and Sagers brought over fireworks. With fireworks around the lake and the ability to throw up at my own home it was a fab fourth!

This brings us to our BIG ARIZONA trip! The highlight, for sure, of the Summer...which isn't too hard because we didn't do much but stay home! The poor kids have been such troopers!

2 comments:

Tillia said...

That little baby will be so worth all the vomit:( I hope you feel better SOON!

The Fredericks said...

I'm so so sorry that you are sick- there is seriously nothing worse. I love the fun fourth stuff- ahhh life in America- nice times!