Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Oven

Yay! Our Summer trip to The Oven a.k.a. Arizona! F-U-N was had by all!
It started with Rett and Rye's first plane ride and Emree's first that she can remember! Can I just say PERFECT children on the plane! Thank heavens because I was using the barf bag!! Who does that??!!
We had dinner at Yummy Oregano's with Hil and Preston that night. We were on FL time and Rye fell asleep at the table....it was hilarious! Then it was a row of Par-Tays...we had the lingerie shower. Such a good time and it is fair to say Preston is a very happy man right now! The next evening was the bridal party dinner...also a fun night...let's just say I made quite the statement with my newly acquired spray tan. The statement was I am a big loser and enjoys when people are laughing at me...

The next event was Hilarry and Preston's wedding day! So exciting! Prayers were answered and the spray tan took a chill pill after a good scrubbing in the shower! It was a beautiful ceremony where Joey and I cried like little girls...Hilarry looked Beautiful! Then it was a luncheon at Sweet Cakes...
After the temple ceremony it was time for Girlie Fun! We all had our hair done for the pictures and reception...we were set up in a sweet conference room to relax and talk! So fun! Emree was as happy as a blue ribbon hog at the county fair!!
The reception was at Sanctuary on Camelback mountain...Gorgeous! I had so much fun with old friends! I have missed them tons! The food was fab! Afterwards we showed them how to break it down Hialeah style...We asked for bootie music and the DJ played "Baby Got Back", poor poor DJ we felt sorry for him because he didn't know what bootie music was...
So have I ever told you how wonderful Joey is???? Well he is!!! Not only did he watch the kids day after day while I got my lingerie party and spray tan on but, he then surprised us with a Grand Canyon Train ride! Anyone who knows my boys knows they Love trains! It was seriously Amazing! You don't get how awesome the canyon is until you see it for yourself! We gazed, took pictures, ate lunch, hiked down a bit, and enjoyed such a memorable day! I did have some panick attacks because it was a looonnnggg way down from the edge of our hike and Rett seemed to have No fear...scary...turns out he is quite the little hiker boy! The day was all summed up by Rett, who looked at me as we were heading back to the train, and said sweetly,"I love this place. Thanks for bringing us here."....Melted my heart!!! Would do it again in a heartbeat! Thank you Joey!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeay! I love this! "Old friends are the best friends", someone really wise said that. =] It was so fun seeing you and Joey and meeting your little ones. Ok, everyone needs to know that you can still break it down on the dance floor! Eva rocks! I can't wait to get together again with you! I love you!

Hilarry said...

You are a professional blogger!! I love the collages. So cool!!

I love you so much. So glad you were there! Emree is my junior bff :)

Tillia said...

I love the collages too!!! So great, how did you do them?
It looks like you had a great time, Utah has a lot of great hiking that I am sure Rett would love :)! hehe
Your family is beautiful, just so ya know!!

The Brown Family said...

what a great post! i am so glad i got to meet you guys while you were here in the oven! hope you are feeling better since you've been home. hope to see you again sometime! keep us posted on those cute kids of yours!

The Fredericks said...

first- why are you so tan and gorgeous?
second- Emree is beautiful and your boys are cute. love them :)

Sussy C. said...

EVA...bootie music!! hahaha i honestly laughed so hard when i read that. your awesome!